This feature allow you to manage multiple themes without going to your Shopify store admin. In your Motifmate home screen, you should be able to view your theme list and your current published theme is marked with red stripe.
Create a New Theme
You can create a new theme with a blank theme or Timber as a starting point :
If you want to directly publish your new theme, you need to choose Main option in Theme Role dropdown.
- Hover the new theme button after Themes title and click it.
- Choose theme starting point (Timber or Blank) and theme role.
- Type preferred theme name › Click Create Theme button.
Rename a Theme
Remove a Theme
You cannot remove a published theme. If you want to remove it, you need to publish other theme before doing this.
Read more at publishing theme below.
Download a Theme
Before you able to edit your theme locally, you need to download them first into your local computer.
If you misplaced your local folder, never remove the folder through your Finder or File Explorer when Motifmate is running, Motifmate will automatically detect and remove all theme files from Shopify too.
Read more how to safely remove or move it.
- Hover above the theme › Click it.
- Motifmate will ask you to choose a local folder.
- Choose your folder and Motifmate will start downloading your theme files.
Publish a Theme
Publishing a theme means you are making selected theme as your live theme, following steps will automatically make currently published theme as unpublished.
Move/Remove Local Folder
Making changes to your local folder while Motifmate running will automatically change your Shopify store files too, unless Emulator is running. If you need to move local folder, you need to quit Motifmate first.
Motifmate also provide two features if you prefer not to quit the app and safely moving/removing local folder, moving local folder :
- Right click above the theme › Local Folder › Choose Move.
- Motifmate will ask you to choose a different local folder.
Removing local folder :
Following steps will safely remove your local folder and won't remove anything from your Shopify store.